*Tickets for the India Republic Day Parade are on sale from 13 Jan to 25 Jan.
Scroll down to check out the sale outlets. *Source: PIB, 2016
26th January is a very special day for all Indians. This year we will celebrate 68th Republic day of India. Every Year on this day most of us glue ourselves in front of the Television watching live telecast featured on Delhi Doordarshan.
Did you know: Now you can watch live telecast of republic day on Delhi Doordarshan You Tube Channel. Click to Tweet
Click the link in case you are interested to watch 2016 telecast.
For some time, I have been wondering if I could witness 68th Republic Day of India Live at Vijay Chowk for real! (enough of TV watching..yaar)
Witnessing the parade and the Colorful Procession (Jhankis) for real would be a real treat and an experience of a lifetime!
So the BIG Question, from where to buy the Tickets? And if the tickets are actually available or not? To find answers read on.
Republic day Tickets are available from 10th to 25th January. Click to Tweet
1. India Tourism Development Corporation (ITDC) Travel Counters
Offices are located at Ashok and Janpath Hotels. Open only on Working days, so you better get them on or before 25th Jan.
2. All Delhi Tourism and Transportation Development Corporation (DTTDC) counters
At a Stones throw distance from Delhi Tourism's Sightseeing HOHO Bus Office is Coffee Home at Baba kharak Singh Marg. Besides that you can find it at Dilli Haat -INA and Pitampura.
3. Departmental Counters at South & North Block Entrance
It happens to be adjacent to President House, near Vijay Chowk.
4. At Jantar Mantar Entrance
It is just next to ticket counter of Jantar mantar monument
5. At Outer Circle of India Gate, near Shanjahan Road
you would be able to figure out the ticket stalls with white painted iron counters.
6. Parliament house reception Office
Tickets are available between 11am and 4pm. Satuday, Sunday and Holidays Closed.
7. Government of India Tourist Office
Centrally located just opposite to Janpath Market, Connaught
Place. Closed on Sunday.
|Hon'ble Prime Minister of India with U.S President Barack Obama|
Ticket Price for 2017
I am not sure of the Ticket Price for 2017, as per Press Information Bureau, Government of India 2016 release, prices are as follows:
The price of tickets for the Republic Day Parade on 26th January 2017 will be Rs. 500/- for reserved seats and Rs 100/-, Rs. 50/- and Rs. 20/- for unreserved seats. The tickets for the Beating Retreat Ceremony (Full Dress Rehearsal) on 28th January 2017 will be in the category of Rs.50/- and Rs.20/- respectively and will not have reserved seats.
Beating Retreat Ceremony
Three days after republic day Beating Retreat Ceremony is organized in the afternoon on January 29 each year. Tickets are also available for this event at the above outlets.
Thanks to Sharell Cook of goindia, and Dolly Sharma of HOHO Delhi for helping me write this post.
1) The NSG, an elite counter-terror force raised in 1984, will make their debut in the parade this year and have the famed Black Cat Commandos marching in the parade. (Source: HT)
2) Modi's demonetisation initiative to feature on during Republic Day parade. (Source: One India)
3) Delhi will have a tableau at the 68th Republic Day parade this January and its theme would be 'education'. Delhi is among 15 states which will have a tableau during the parade. (Source: PTI News)
4) Did you know as many as 34 aircrafts of the IAF will perform various manoeuvres during the Republic Day celebrations. There will be 19 fighters, 11 helicopters and four transport aircrafts enthralling the public this year. The airbases from where these aircrafts will fly are Hindan, Jotpur, Nal and Jaipur. (Source: Business-Standard )
Did you find the information helpful. Do you have any question to ask? Please feel free to put across suggestions or queries in the comment section below.